Join the Washington Booth at the Farnborough Air Show
In conjunction with the Governor’s trade mission to Ireland and the United Kingdom July 4-12, 2012, the Department of Commerce is pleased to invite Washington State Aerospace companies and organizations to join them in the Washington booth at the 64th Farnborough Air Show, July 9-13. Governor Gregoire will be attending Farnborough on July 9 and 10 for meetings and to support Washington State participants. The Ireland leg will visit Bombardier’s Belfast facility and local suppliers then fly to the UK to visit the Airbus A380 Wings facility in Broughton. The UK leg will be held at the Farnborough International Air Show.
Governor’s Mission to Ireland/UK and the Farnborough Air Show
The Governor is leading a trade mission to Ireland and the United Kingdom July 4-12, 2012. The purpose of this mission is to help Washington State businesses identify new overseas partners, promote targeted inbound investment to Washington as well as export opportunities, and expand relationships with key business leaders, organizations and government entities.
Targeted sectors of the trade mission include: Aerospace, Automotive IT, Clean technologies, Information Technology, Mobile communications.
The trade mission provides Washington State with an opportunity to demonstrate our competitive advantages in these key targeted markets. The mission will generate new orders for Washington products and services, and grow jobs in the state. The Department of commerce will be arranging matchmaking meetings and other introductions.
The Department of Commerce is pleased to invite Washington State Aerospace companies and organizations to join them in the Washington booth at the 64th Farnborough Air Show, July 9-13. Governor Gregoire will be attending Farnborough on July 9 and 10 for meetings and to support Washington State participants.
- Be part of the Washington State Pavilion and the Governors Delegation
- Your companies services or products presented to key French, German and UK procurement/programme managers and if interested one on one meetings arranged*
- Matchmaking meetings with potential distribution partners*
- Invitations to networking events including an aerospace reception with the UK US Ambassador, details of networking events will be provided in the run up to the event.
- Representatives of our European office will be on hand throughout the show and will man the stand on your behalf allowing you the freedom to attend meetings and walk the show.
- Chance to see first-hand the latest technology from around the world
- Reach a global audience
- Build relationships with other leading Washington companies
- Extensive company exposure in a variety of media, including the WA Aerospace Directory
4 July –
It is possible for all delegates to attend the Irish Ambassadors evening reception, Dublin
5 July –
Travel to Bombardier in Belfast and tour the manufacturing facility
Bombardier, ADS (http://www.adsgroup.org.uk ) and Invest in Ireland will host a lunch at the recently opened Titanic Building (http://www.titanicbelfast.com/Home.aspx) and will be inviting local aerospace supply chain companies to attend the lunch.
Details of Washington Companies will be circulated to the local aerospace supply chain with the offer of one to one meetings with the delegates. These will be conducted on the afternoon of the 5th immediately following the lunch at the Titanic building.
The Governor will arrive at the Titanic building where she will be joined by executives from Bombardier and formal end to the visit.
The delegation will then travel from Belfast to Manchester in England.
6 July –
The governor and aerospace delegation will Tour the Airbus Wing Plant at Broughton (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-15289153 ) followed by a tour of the Electroimpact (http://www.electroimpact.com/ ) plant adjacent to the Airbus facility.
Mission Delegate – London ($1,000), Ireland ($500) or $1,400 for both
- High level meetings and introductions to key industry leaders with the Governor
- Matchmaking meetings
- Entrance to various receptions
- International media exposure
Executive Catalogue: ($4,500) + ($1,000 for UK Mission) Ireland is optional.
- Physical presence in the Washington State booth in the US Pavilion
- Entry to Air Show
The link to register: http://babcpnw.org/trade.html
The Governors delegation will be staying at the Rubens at the Palace in London http://www.rubenshotel.com/.