FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: February 6, 2014
Pacific Northwest Aerospace Alliance awards over $33,000 in Scholarships at 13th Annual Aerospace Conference
LYNNWOOD, WA – February 6, 2014 – Pacific Northwest Aerospace Alliance awarded $33,450 in scholarships to 22 northwest students pursuing aerospace educations during its 13th Annual Aerospace Conference in Lynnwood on February 5. The scholarships are part of PNAA’s ongoing commitment to educating the next generation of aerospace workers.
“The PNAA Scholarship Program is designed to support the educational dreams of students preparing for careers that will to take our industry into the future,” said PNAA’s Executive Director Melanie Jordan. “This year, the scholarship program set a record with 17 sponsors providing funding for minimum scholarships of $1,000 for students at nine colleges and universities in the Pacific Northwest. Twenty-two ambitious students with a love for aerospace design, maintenance and engineering are the recipients of the industry’s generosity.”
“We are especially grateful for our sponsors,” said Larry Sowa of the PNAA Scholarship Committee. “The sponsors share our vision to support students in their pursuit of their career dreams and do so with financial support”.
PNAA and 16 industry businesses donated to the annual program. Sponsors include: Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC), ASKO Processing, Aviation Partners Boeing, Center for Excellence and Advanced Materials Manufacturing, Esterline/Hytek Finishes, GM Nameplate, IAM 751, Inceptra, Jet Parts Engineering Inc., LMI Aerospace, Moss Adams, Orion Aerospace, SPEEA, Ted Croft of Pyrotek, ThyssenKrupp and Umbra Cuscinetti.
This year’s scholarship recipients are:
- Mathew Hanshaw (Clover Park Technical College)
- Kevin Conroy (Clover Park Technical College)
- Grant Love (Clover Park Technical College)
- Brandalynn White (Edmonds Community College)
- Zachary Forland (Edmonds Community College)
- Mike Nava (Edmonds Community College)
- Saikou Manneh (Everett Community College)
- Blair Nesseth (Everett Community College)
- James Merchant (Everett Community College)
- Henok Yeshewaerget (Everett Community College)
- Eunice Maina (Green River Community College)
- Tu Nguyen (Green River Community College)
- Kyle Simpson (Green River Community College)
- Sean Journot (Renton Technical College)
- Lian Bik (Renton Technical College)
- Hai Dang Luu (South Seattle Community College)
- CrystalRose Hudelson (South Seattle Community College)
- Kevin Lopez (South Seattle Community College)
- Austin French (Spokane Community College)
- Brandon Hu (University of Washington)
- Mathew Davis (University of Washington)
- Eli Shoemake (Washington State University)
The Pacific Northwest Aerospace Alliance (PNAA) has been promoting the growth and success of the aerospace industry in the Northwest for over 13 years. Its primary purpose is to help grow and maintain a viable aerospace industry in the region. This is accomplished through frequent educational and networking events and informing members and participants of important industry changes and business opportunities.
# # #